K1-50 Protein Skimmer - IceCap
K1-50 Protein Skimmer - IceCap is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Modern Design and Functionality
The IceCap K1-50 is a remarkably compact skimmer that offers a new level of refined filtration for marine aquariums ranging from 40 to 80 gallons. All aspects of the skimmer were implemented to surpass many challenges other skimmers on the market misses out on.
Compact & Built to Last
Master crafted from robust PVC and high-quality acrylic. All components are marine safe and refined in every aspect to provide the latest enhancements in foam fractionation and the highest in quality.
The elegant “Beer Bottle" curve of the skimmer body naturally stabilizes the air and water mix as they transition upward within the reaction chamber. An impressively compact footprint makes it the ideal candidate for tight sump applications. Every aspect of the skimmer disassembles completely for easy service.
Quiet Performance & Control
At the Core of the IceCap K1-50, you will find a super-efficient DCAIR-700 DCskimmer pump that packs this skimmer with tons of microbubbles.
The pipeless output offers fine-tuning and trouble-free underwater outflow plus quiet operation. The wedge pipe commonly used on other skimmers to channel outgoing water often causes performance inconsistency and additional sound. Our pipeless design not only saves on space but also allows the outgoing water to exit on the side of the skimmer and below the water surface providing splash-free circulation in the sump.
Located much lower in the reaction chamber, the unique bubble dispersing chamber offers a multi-stage diffusion of water, additional contact time for enhanced foam stability.
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
- 40 gal
- 60 gal
- 80 gal
Impressive Performance - Remarkably Small Footprint
- Distinctive Turbulence Reducing Body
- Includes Optional Hanging Bracket
- Solid PVC & Acrylic Construction
- Bubble Dispersant Chamber
- Novel Pipeless Output Valve
- Efficient & Quiet Operation
- Disassembles Completely for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- In-Sump Installation Only
K1-50 Technical Specs
Skimmer Body: 3in
Footprint: 4.75in x 3.5in
Neck Size: 1.5in
Total Height: 19in
Cup Drain Size: 6mm ID / 9mm OD
Water Height: 6 - 9in
DCAIR-700 DC Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 6watts
Air Draw: 200lph / 7SCFH*
Water Draw: 70gph
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
CoralVue, Inc. and IceCap hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.
FREE Ground over $49 & Overnight over $399*
We offer competitive rates on aquarium supplies.
Reefer Rewards Points earned
Reedem points for discounts on Livestock and Supplies.
Split-Pay & Financing Options
We offer split-pay & financing options through Shop Pay.