CupriSorb - Copper Removing Resin - Seachem
CupriSorb - Copper Removing Resin - Seachem - 100ml is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
CupriSorb is a powerful adsorbent of copper and heavy metals. CupriSorb will remove copper more rapidly and efficiently than carbon and is ideal for emergency copper removal. CupriSorb is a copper specific chelating resin. Competing products are not chelating products, but merely cation exchange resins. Such resins can remove copper from freshwater but are ineffective in saltwater. It extracts all types of copper, including chelated copper, and the media changes color to a deep blue-black color, making it easy to tell when it’s exhausted.
- Powerful adsorbent of copper and heavy metals
- Copper specific chelating resin
- Removes all types of copper
If placed in continuous use, it will gradually extract even precipitated copper from the gravel/substrate bed as well. CupriSorb can allow maintenance of invertebrates in copper-treated tanks by removing copper leaching from substrates.
- Use 250 mL for every 600 L (150 US gallons) to remove up to 7,500 mg (12 ppm) of copper.
- Place media in a filter media bag or in a media reactor cartridge.
- Use in a canister filter, chemical filtration module, box filter, or any high flow area of a trickle filter. For best results, CupriSorb should be placed so as to maximize the flow of water through it.
- To remove undetectable substrate leaching copper keep CupriSorb in use for at least 2 weeks after copper tests report no copper.
Note: Exhaustion is indicated by a pronounced discoloration of the beads to a deep blue-black color. Use MultiTest Copper to monitor copper. When exhausted, CupriSorb may be discarded.
FREE Ground over $49 & Overnight over $399*
We offer competitive rates on aquarium supplies.
Reefer Rewards Points earned
Reedem points for discounts on Livestock and Supplies.
Split-Pay & Financing Options
We offer split-pay & financing options through Shop Pay.