TSA Sustainably Aquacultured Copepods
Contains Over 500+ Aquacultured Live Tisbe Pods
1 bottle is recommended for 25-50 gallons
Overarching Benefits to TSA Aquacultured Copepods
- Biologically- Active Live Feed: source of essential protein, lipids (ARA/EPA/DHA), vitamins, probiotics and enzymes.
- Small size: nauplii (10-20um) + adults (40-60um):
Can be consumed by the smallest mouth foraging fish (mandarin dragonet, scooter blenny, anthias etc.)
Can be consumed by corals (LPS, SPS, aphotosynthetic) as well as other finicky zooplankton feeders.
- Harvested weekly and gut-loaded with lipid-rich phytoplankton
- Active consumers and recyclers of reef detritus
- Highly adaptable to reef tank conditions, will rapidly colonize refugiums
- Perfect for aquaculture and home breeding projects
- Shut of pumps, powerheads, UV sterilizers and protein skimmers 10-20 minutes prior.
- If possible, seed pods at night or when refugium/tank light is off.
- Seed pods in designated refugium space or near rockwork–this will allow them to hide and reproduce.
- Dose system with TSA phytoplankton 1-3 times a week to accelerate pod colony growth
- Macroalgae (Chaetomorpha, Gracilaria, Halymenia, Caulerpa, Ulva, Hypnea etc.) sustain and support pod populations long-term.
Specific Pod Benefits: Tisbe biminiensis
- Hides amongst substrate and in inner rockwork, making it somewhat resistant to grazing and increasing likelihood of successful colonizing reef tank.
- Faster reproduction rate at reef tank salinity (1.0263) than Tigriopus or Apocyclops.
- Prolific detritivore, capable of replacing tank waste with surplus pod population.
- Attractive “scoot-pep” locomotion fish cannot refuse
- Commonly used to aquaculture species such as the lined seahorse (Hippocampus erectus)
- Considered easiest substitute for Artemia nauplii
TSA Standard Pod Bottles (8oz)
- 500+ Adult Copepods/Nauplii
- Great for single feedings
- Suitable to seeding aquariums up to 40 Gallons
- Great for starting a home copepod culture
TSA Jumbo Pod Bottles (32oz)
- 1500+ Adult Copepods/Nauplii
- More pods for less cost than buying individual 8oz bottles
- More macroalgae
- Great way to seed larger aquariums/refugiums
- Add aeration and phytoplankton to jumpstart a home copepod culture!