Pom Pom Gracilaria is a red macro algae that is used for nutrient control as well as for decorative purposes.
It does best when tumbled in a refugium with ample water movement. Make sure to provide adequate lighting for your Pom Pom Gracilaria culture to ensure that it will thrive.
Please note that tangs and other herbivores/ Omnivores will consume this algae.
Images are examples of sizes you will receive.
- Ravenous consumer of nitrates, phosphates and dissolved organic wastes.
- Resists biofouling and remains in large, manageable pieces.
- Inhibits growth of pest algae/bacteria through nutrient depletion and localized oxygenation.
- Acts as bioactive substrate for copepods, amphipods and beneficial microbes.
- Beautiful red corporation to accent macroalgae aquariums and display refugiums.
- Sustainable source of premium nutrition for tangs, rabbitfish and other herbivorous fish species.