Focus is an antibacterial polymer for internal infections of fish. Focus is primarily intended to be mixed with food and/or other medications to make them palatable to fish and greatly reduce the loss of medication to the water through diffusion. This is ideal for situations where fish may show symptoms but cannot be caught and removed from the display, as it allows for targeted treatment without affecting the entire water column with broadcast medication. This can be especially important if there are decorative invertebrates in the display, as they can be particularly sensitive to many medications.
- Highly palatable formula
- Antibacterial polymer for targeted treatment of internal infections
- Use alone or mixed with other medications
- Reduces loss of medications to water
While disease treatment in a quarantine tank is always the preferred option, sometimes it may not be practical to catch a fish for treatment. Focus allows for targeted treatment through medicated food, avoiding many of the drawbacks of display aquarium treatment. Always observe tank inhabitants carefully when treating.
- polymer-bound nitrofurantoin (0.1%)
Ideal in Combination with the following Medications
- Metroplex: Treats internal and external protazoan parasites and some bacterial infections
- Kanaplex: Treats internal and external bacterial and fungal infections
- Sulfaplex: Treats external fungal and bacterial infections
- Neoplex: Treats bacterial infections of intestines
Dosing in Food
- Stir together the medicated food mix (recipe below) before feeding.
- Feed the fish once daily as much as they can consume in about 1 minute.
- Treatment periods will vary but it is recommended to treat for at least a week.
- This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.
- 1 dosage scoop of medication of choice
- 1 scoop Focus
- 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
- A few drops of water if using a dry food
Tip: To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard or Entice.