Ammonia is naturally produced in aquariums as a byproduct of waste produced from your livestock. It is a natural part of the Nitrogen Cycle that maintains balance in a healthy aquarium. When too much ammonia accumulates in the aquarium, ammonia toxicity can occur and seriously affect the health of your tank inhabitants, even leading to death. Therefore, it is crucial to monitor ammonia levels to ensure they remain steady and low.
The HI784 Marine Ammonia Checker HC by Hanna Instruments provides a simple, accurate, and affordable way to measure ammonia in saltwater/marine environments. Its digital readout ensures quick and hassle-free measurements, every time. With a digital read out, there is no more struggling to determine colors visually.
- Ideal for saltwater aquariums, marine biology, and aquaculture applications
- Easier to use and more accurate than other chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Simple one-button operation
- Large LCD digital read out for added convenience
- Auto shut-off to assure the battery wont be drained
- Compact size for easy travel and storage
- Range: 0.00 to 2.50 ppm Ammonia
- Resolution: 0.01 ppm
- Precision: ±0.05% of reading @ 77°F (25°C)
- Light Source: LED @ 610 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); max 95% RH non-condensing. Prepared sample cuvette (sample plus reagents) must be 18 to 28 °C (64 to 82 °F).
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 20 minutes of non-use and 10 minutes after reading
- Dimensions: 86 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.5″)
- Weight: 64 g (2.3 oz.)
- Method: Adaptation of the Salicylate Method. The reaction between Ammonia and Ammonium and the reagent causes a blue‑green tint in the sample.
- Reagent Set: HI784-25 (25 tests)
- Calibration Set: HI784-11
- Warranty: 1 Year
- (1x) HI784 Marine Ammonia Checker HC
- (1x) Carrying case
- (2x) Sample cuvette and caps
- (1x) Plastic refilling pipette
- (1x) Marine Ammonia Starter Kit (reagents for 10 tests)
- (1x) 1.5V AAA Alkaline battery
- (1x) Instruction manual
- (1x) Quick reference guide