It’s never been easier to get the massive macroalgae growth you’re looking for!
The efficiency of the refugium for nutrient export greatly depends on the use of a high-quality light source with the appropriate spectrum and intensity to grow algae, and we have seen some of the most amazing results using Kessil’s H-series lights. Nevertheless, up until now, we have been modifying this illumination from the horticultural sector. Now, Kessil has sent us a light made just for our pastime and requirements. Kessil presents us a light designed specifically to deliver maximum performance in aquatic refugium applications. It has the new low-profile A360X body, greater control capabilities, and increased durability.
The Narrow Reflector is included with the A360X Refugium to stop unwanted light from entering other parts of your sump. The Narrow Reflector concentrates the light output and improves light penetration in deeper depths because to its inclusion. In order to cover refugia up to 36″ x 36″, the reflector may easily be removed for broader, shallower refugia.
Recommended Coverage (w/Narrow Reflector): 24″ x 24″
Maximum Coverage (w/out Narrow Reflector): 36″ x 36″
- Grow Spectrum – The Grow spectrum is perfect for use with refugiums with Chaetomorpha, Graciliaria, Halymenia, and other macroalgae because it is made for all-around vegetative development throughout the life cycles of many various macroalgae.
- Blue Spectrum – The blue spectrum encourages prodigious stem expansion, which rapidly develops a plant’s frame at different phases. Additionally, this range is better adapted to refugia where corals may be kept.
- Daylight Mode – The daylight setting has its own pure white channel, which you can use to light up your sump for upkeep or pictures.
- Bloom Spectrum –By promoting abundant flowering during the plant’s critical reproductive period, the Bloom spectrum increases yield. If you want to promote development on any kind of flowering shrub, use this.
- Red Spectrum –For tissue culture, the red spectrum is intended to produce maximal root development over the course of the plant’s entire existence. The crimson hue also boosts plant growth and harvest quality during the final stage. The majority of terrestrial plant development takes place at this frequency.
The A360X Refugium was created particularly to withstand the challenging, very humid environment that surrounds our sump pumps. The superior sunflower heat sink and creative Vortex Fan efficiently regulate heat, extending the life and effectiveness of the lights.
The Grow, Blue, Daylight, Bloom, and Red Spectrum options are selectable on the A360X Refugium using incorporated control dials. The Kessil A360X WiFi Dongle, which allows remote control of any A360X light without the need for additional wires or devices, is also compatible with it. By inserting the WiFi Dongle into the K-Link link, any Android or iOS phone can establish a direct connection to the light. The user-friendly software allows you to set your A360X Refugium independently and daisy-chain it to your primary tank illumination for seamless management from a single source.The Kessil Wifi software has a ton of setting choices, like a Quick Set feature that instructs the light to switch on at night when the display lights are off.
Note: The A360X Refugium is not currently compatible with the Spectral Controller X, however a future update of the firmware is planned which will allow use of the hardwired controller.
- Dimensions: 4.3″ x 2.1″ / 11cm x 5.3cm
- Unit Weight: 0.8lb / 0.37kg
- Coverage with Reflector: 24″ x 24″
- Coverage without Reflector: 36″ x 36″
- Power Adapter: 100-240V AC (input) 19V DC (output)
- Power Consumption: 90W max
- A360X Refugium
- Narrow Reflector
- Power Adapter
- AC Adapter Cable
- DC Extension Cable
- Hanging Ring
- Metal Screw Hook
- Hanging Bracket