There may occasionally be power outages, thus the next best thing, if your system doesn’t have a generator as a backup, is a battery backup for your powerheads. Within two hours of a power outage, dissolved oxygen levels can begin to drop, which can soon cause the death of your valuable fish and corals. Days can pass without having to worry about the aquarium’s oxygen levels being too low by maintaining water movement and promoting gas exchange at the surface. When you have an IceCap Battery Backup, you can relax knowing that your pumps will continue to function even if you are not home when the power goes out.
- Compatible with a wide variety of 12–24 volt devices made by companies like Maxspect, IceCap, and Reef Octopus.
- Instantly starts operating following a power outage to safeguard your aquarium
- Connect two battery reserves to increase runtime by two times.
- Simple to place on a wall or aquarium stand, with a small and attractive form factor.
- Get going right away: The box contains a power source, pump adapters, and a user manual.
With the proper adaptor, the IceCap Battery Backup functions with a number of DC pumps. The pumps that are known to work with the Battery Backup are listed below.
- Gyre Valves Maxspect (All Models)
- IceCap Gyre Pumps and the IceCap Dual Pump WiFi Controller are both compatible with this adaptor (HYDROS WaveEngine is not).
- Pumps for Coral Octopuses (All Models)
Recall that the Reef Octopus VarioS pumps, Ecotech Marine pumps, Tunze pumps, and AI Nero pumps are NOT compatible with the Battery Backup v3.0.
- DC Charger: Input: 100V to 240V 50/60Hz | Output: 27V 600MA
- Main Unit DC: Output: 12V x 2.5A max | Input: 27V 1A max
- Fuse: 250V 10A 5x20mm fast blow
- Capacity: 2.5Ah
- Dimensions: 5.75”W x 5”L x 3.125”H
Battery Backup Module