Small, Powerful, and Smart!
Max Flow – 2000 GPH
The beloved Nero pump is now available in a more compact design. The Nero 3 from Aqua Illumination produces a broad, customizable flow that is both powerful and delicate. The Nero 3’s revolutionary propeller pushes water in a broad pattern that may transport food, debris, or other free-floating particles about without directly blasting corals, in contrast to traditional propeller designs that generate a harsh stream that can irritate corals. Powerheads serve a variety of functions around a reef tank, but its primary function is to provide enough flow to prevent low-flow areas from developing in your tank and to assist in elevating debris so that it can be sucked into the filter. With BlueTooth LE technology you can set the pump up into different modes, or create a daily schedule to change the flow up throughout the day.
- Whisper Quiet
- Compact Design
- Broad Flow
BlueTooth LE allows you to connect to your pumps more quickly, with a greater range, and opens a variety of capabilities, but it mainly eliminates the need to set up a wireless network for interface. In order to manage the flow in your aquarium with the Aqua Illumination Nero 3, open the MyAi App, select a mode, and then close it. You may select the best flow mode for your fish and corals from a variety of options. The Random and plan modes stand out among others. You may either build up a comprehensive daily plan that cycles through various modes and settings throughout the day, or you can use the Random option to allow the Nero 3 randomize itself.
If you don’t want to control the pump through a smart device, don’t worry—the included controller only has one button but it’s incredibly powerful. By pressing or holding the button for various lengths of time, you can change the speed, mode, or turn the pump on or off without needing to use any additional control interfaces.
- Random – Keep your tank guessing with the random flow mode. The Nero 3 will randomly change its flow rate throughout the day creating natural water movement throughout your reef tank.
- Pulse – Creating a standing wave can be done with the Nero 3 in Pulse Mode. The pulse interval can be changed to harmonize with your aquarium, along with the max flow rate. Having a wave can cause additional stress on your aquarium, but is a great method for lifting settled detritus from hard to reach areas.
- Constant – Set it and forget it! Just set the appropriate flow rate and the Nero 3 will keep flowing at that speed until you change the mode or flow.
- Schedule – Create a schedule that can utilize multiple different flow modes. With the My Ai app creating a schedule for your flow is simple and can be done in minutes!
- Feed – If you target feed, having a pump with feed mode is a requirement. Just hold the driver button for 2-5 seconds to put the Nero 3 into feed mode for 10 minutes.
- All-Off – Turn off your pump whenever you want with full control over when they turn back on. Just hold the driver button for 6 or more seconds to turn the pump off. Touching the button again will restart the pump.
With the supplied magnetic mounting method, moving the pump around simply takes a few seconds after the Nero 3 has been mounted. You may tilt the Nero to direct flow in your aquarium where it is needed by giving it a movement of around 15°. An inner magnet and an outer magnet are used in the two-part mounting method, and they may couple together through glass as thin as 1/2 inch.